The Raptor Research Foundation invites symposium proposals for our annual scientific conference. The conference will be hosted by HawkWatch International, 8th–12th of November 2017, in Salt Lake City, Utah, USA. Presentations on any aspect of raptor biology, ecology, research techniques, conservation, and management are invited.
The deadline for submission of symposium proposals is 15 May 2017. Early submission is welcome and highly encouraged. Chairs of symposia selected for inclusion in the conference will be notified as submissions are received and approved. Successful symposia at previous RRF meetings have included species-specific and genera-specific foci, interactions of raptors with anthropogenic influences, and topics of general interest to raptor ecologists. Symposia are already being planned on 1) Raptor science for educators and delivering science to the general public, 2) Conservation and ecology of under-studied open land raptors, and 3) Raptors and the energy sector.
Symposium proposals should include:
- Symposium title for the RRF conference website.
- Name and contact information for symposium chair for the RRF conference website.
- A 3-5 sentence rationale for the symposium’s topic for the RRF conference website.
- Names of authors the symposium chair has recruited to participate in the symposium, and general title or description of each senior author’s oral presentation.
- A picture for use on the RRF conference website to represent the symposium.
Successful symposia should include at least 6 related papers, or enough papers to fill at least a half-day session; they will run concurrent with general scientific sessions or other symposia. Prospective symposium chairs are encouraged to suggest symposia even if they have recruited fewer than the minimum number of speakers because relevant abstracts received through the general submission process may be used to complete symposium schedules.
Questions regarding symposia and general abstracts should be directed to Beth Wommack (email: [email protected]).
General questions regarding the conference should be directed to Dave Oleyar (email: [email protected]).