Many Raptor Research Foundation members have dedicated their lives to studying and conserving the raptors that stir our souls and move our minds. The Foundation provides an important community through which we share our experiences, knowledge, and passion for these amazing creatures and allow us to collectively address important, current challenges to raptor management and conservation worldwide.
Donations to the Raptor Research Foundation aid in funding grants and awards that will ensure these cherished species persist into the future and all sizes of donations are greatly appreciated. Currently, there are several ways to donate to the foundation. If you would like to ensure this legacy of raptor research, conservation, and collaboration continues long after each of us is gone, please consider providing RRF a planned gift as part of your retirement or estate planning, a one time gift in memoriam, or by gifting an RRF membership to a fellow raptor enthusiast. Regardless of what method fits you best, please let us know of your lasting commitment to RRF by emailing us at [email protected]
Gift by Will Donation
You can give by making a short amendment to your will that specifies what you would like to contribute to RRF upon your death. To do this you should:
- Use a codicil as a simple amendment to your will, which avoids the cost and complications of re-writing an entire will. The codicil must be signed and witnessed or notarized, just as you did with your original will.
- Bring the following language to your advisor to be included in your will: “I give, devise, and bequeath ___ percent of my adjusted gross estate (or specify a dollar amount) to the Raptor Research Foundation, Tax ID 23-7037266, for its unrestricted use and purpose.”
- Leave a Lasting Legacy – Members who make a planned gift through their will, estate, or other means will join a new and elite membership group known as Legacy Members. These members will are recognized by RRF for their substantial and long-term commitment to the future of the Foundation. Of course, you can also remain anonymous if you so desire.
Gift by Retirement Plan, Life Insurance Policy, or other Managed Account
You can give by designating RRF as a beneficiary of your retirement or other managed accounts. To do this you should:
- Request a beneficiary designation form from your account’s administrator.
- Designate RRF as a partial, contingent, or sole beneficiary of your account. Raptor Research Foundation.Tax ID 23-7037266
- Sign and return the form to your plan administrator; keep a copy for your files and with your will.
- Tax Incentives – Your planned gift to the Foundation could reduce your estate taxes and provide a larger overall inheritance to your family. Please discuss these potentially substantial tax advantages with your retirement or investment councilor to learn which options might be best for you.
A gift RRF membership can be purchased for a fellow colleague or student using your OSNA Membership portal.
Gift In Memoriam
A special way to give tribute to the memory of loved one is an in memoriam gift. These gifts celebrate the memory of an individual that has touched your life. Please contact RRF about your loved one by emailing us at [email protected].