BENEFITS of MEMBERSHIP
- Subscription to The Journal of Raptor Research, our scientific journal exclusively focused on raptor species – available in both hard copy and on-line;
- Subscription to our bi-annual newsletter, Wingspan – delivered as a PDF to your email inbox;
- Reduced registration fees for our annual conferences. These conferences provide a forum for scientific papers, poster presentations, special symposia, workshops, business meetings, and informal net-working opportunities;
- Eligibility for competitive grants and awards for student travel;
- Eligibility to vote, serve as a director, or hold office within RRF;
- Eligibility for grants and awards of recognition for established researchers;
- Networking opportunities and support for students and early career researchers;
- Career and personal development opportunities by getting involved with RRF leadership activities;
- Access to the online membership directory for thousands of ornithologists through the Ornithological Societies of North America.
Our subscription fees are modest in comparison to many other ornithological societies and we offer reduced rates for students (all geographic areas) and for researchers and conservationists in less developed countries. We are a non-profit society so our members’ subscriptions are essential for us to achieve our goals. Membership fees are used primarily to support the publication of the quarterly Journal of Raptor Research.