The Raptor Research Foundation invites oral and poster abstracts for our annual scientific conference. The conference will be hosted by the Peregrine Fund in Boise, Idaho, from the 8th–14th of October, 2021. Presentations on any aspect of raptor biology, ecology, research techniques, conservation, and management are invited. Specific topics include:
- Advances in Raptor Research Technology
- Biology and Ecology
- Climate Change, Implications to Raptor Habitats and Ranges
- Complications of Urban Development and Raptor Injury
- Energy Development Successes and Challenges
- Existing and Emerging Raptor Diseases and Parasites
- Habitat Preservation, Restoration to Support Changing Migration Patterns
- Lead Poisoning
- Legislative Changes and Implications to Raptor Conservation
- Neotropical Raptors
- Poisoning (non-lead) and other Secondary Poisoning
- Raptor Persecution
- Raptor Rehabilitation
- Raptors in Education and Citizen Science
- Sensory Biology and Ecology
- Species Conservation and Population Status Updates
You may submit more than one abstract. Submit all abstracts via the conference website. Cover letters are not needed. Make sure you have your abstract, title of your abstract, and author information (including emails and affiliations) ready before you submit. Please consider these criteria during abstract preparation:
- The abstract should describe a scientific study that uses appropriate analysis and evaluation methodologies to support the results.
- The study should be relevant to raptor biology, ecology, research techniques, conservation, and/or management.
- The abstract should describe how the research is novel or otherwise addresses a knowledge gap.
- The writing should be clear and not overly technical. Avoid use of jargon.
- The abstract should be properly formatted (see example below) and lacking in typographical errors. Failure to properly format abstracts may result in rejection or return to authors for reformatting.
Important Dates and Deadlines
- Complete abstract submittal is due by June 30, 2021.
- Abstracts will be reviewed on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Notification regarding acceptance will occur within approximately 1 month from complete submittal (no later than July 31, 2021).
- Notification regarding final presentation format, date, and time is expected to occur by August 31, 2021.
Pattern of Juvenile Dispersal in an Uninhabited Continent: Spanish Imperial Eagles
*ENRIQUE GONZÁLEZ (firstname.lastname@example.org), Estación Biológica de Doñana (CSIC), Seville, Spain. VIRGINIA MORANDINI, Estación Biológica de Doñana (CSIC), Seville, Spain. MIGUEL FERRER, Estación Biológica de Doñana (CSIC), Seville, Spain.
Read this paragraph carefully and adhere to the formatting requirements exactly. Abstracts should summarize findings, not methods. Type the title first, using upper and lower case letters as shown above. Do not use abbreviations in the title. After the title, type the first author’s name followed by institutional affiliation, city, state or province, and country. The body of the abstract should be one paragraph of no more than 300 words, single-spaced throughout, as illustrated here. Do not indent the first line of text. After the first use of the common name of each species mentioned, write the scientific name in italics and parentheses. Capitalize the common names of all birds. If scientific names are included in the title, do not repeat in the body of the abstract. Use italic type only for scientific names. Spell out whole numbers less than 10 unless accompanied by a unit (e.g., 3 cm or 1%). Use metric units. Use the following abbreviations without spelling them out: hr, min, sec, yr, mo, wk, d, km, cm, mm. Use continental dating (e.g., 10 July 1975) and the 24-hr clock (e.g., 1300 H). Italicize the following abbreviations: n, P, F, G, k, R, r2, t-test, U-test, Z, z. Use Roman type for these abbreviations: AIC, ANOVA, CI, df, SD, SE. Please reference the instructions to authors for the Journal of Raptor Research, or a recent issue of the Journal of Raptor Research for any details not specified here (https://meridian.allenpress.com/rapt/article/54/4/480/450340/Information-for-Contributors).