Fran and Frederick Hamerstrom Award
The Fran and Frederick Hamerstrom Award is a non-monetary award that recognizes an individual who has contributed significantly to the understanding of raptor ecology and natural history. This award was established in 1990 to recognise and honour the Hamerstrom’s contributions to our understanding of raptor natural history and ecology through their long-term ecological studies. Between them, during their lifetime of research they authored and co-authored over 240 scientific papers and reviews.
This award has no restrictions, but membership in the RRF is encouraged. Nomination packets can be submitted at any time. Recipients will be announced at the annual meeting.
Nominations should include:
- Name, title, and address of the nominee.
- Name, title, and address of the nominator.
- Names of three persons qualified to evaluate the nominee’s scientific contribution.
- A brief summary of the scientific contribution of the nominee.
- A complete list of publications authored by the nominee.
Amount: non-monetary award
Number of Awards Issued per Year: 1-2
Application Method: Applications will be received through RRF’s Member Portal. Applicants can create a free account to submit an application.
|2019||W. Grainger Hunt|
|2019||Clint W. Boal|
|2017||Brian A. Millsap|
|2017||Juan José Negro|
|1999||No Nominations received|
|1997||No Nominations received|