Become a Member of the Raptor Research Foundation
Membership of the Raptor Research Foundation is open to anyone with an interest in raptor research and conservation, whether you are a professional or amateur researcher or an interested observer. Our current membership consists of over 900 people who reside in over 50 countries on six continents, forming a global network of raptor experts. Our members include the world’s leading raptor specialists, as well as professional scientists, educators, wildlife managers, conservationists, students and amateur raptor enthusiasts.
Simply, RRF is an organization of people from throughout the world who work together using multiple disciplines (science, art, policy, etc.) to improve our knowledge, appreciation, and conservation of raptors. We are inclusive, and invite to our membership those who wish to develop, communicate, and utilize robust science to improve the lives of all species of raptors.
BENEFITS of MEMBERSHIP
- Subscription to The Journal of Raptor Research, our scientific journal exclusively focused on raptor species – available in both hard copy and on-line;
- Subscription to our bi-annual newsletter, Wingspan – delivered as a PDF to your email inbox;
- Reduced registration fees for our annual conferences. These conferences provide a forum for scientific papers, poster presentations, special symposia, training workshops, business meetings, and informal networking opportunities;
- Eligibility for competitive grants and awards for student travel;
- Eligibility to vote, serve as a director, or hold office within RRF;
- Eligibility for grants and awards of recognition for established researchers;
- Networking opportunities and support for students and early career researchers;
- Career and personal development opportunities by getting involved with RRF leadership activities;
- Access to the online membership directory for thousands of ornithologists through the Ornithological Societies of North America.
Our subscription fees are modest in comparison to many other ornithological societies and we offer reduced rates for students (all geographic areas) and for researchers and conservationists in less developed countries. We are a non-profit society so our members’ subscriptions are essential for us to achieve our goals. Membership fees are used primarily to support the publication of the quarterly Journal of Raptor Research.
How to Join or Renew a Membership:
You can join RRF today by joining online or by downloading and mailing a paper form. RRF’s memberships are managed through the Membership Portal. Renew your membership to RRF on the Membership Portal. An email confirmation will be sent for all online orders. Early bird discounts are available for regular and student members if renewed before December 15 each year. Report address changes directly by logging in to your Membership Portal. For assistance with the online system or to talk to a real person, contact Scott Gillihan the membership manager, at [email protected]or call 312-883-4670.
Student (must be a full-time student) $25.00
Early Professionals (must have graduated within past 3 years) $30
Life (one payment) $1000.00 or four installments of $250.00
*Special Country Rate $30.00
Membership fees in US dollars
*All countries EXCEPT USA, Canada, Israel, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, Iceland, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Germany, The Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, France, United Kingdom, Ireland, Switzerland, Austria, Italy, Spain, and Portugal
All addresses outside USA must include a $5 postage surcharge. A $20 optional airmail surcharge is available for addresses outside the USA.
A gift RRF membership can be purchased for a fellow colleague or student using your Membership Portal.